Friday, September 7, 2012

Late Night Workout

Last night after work I decided to stop by the local Planet Fitness. I challenged myself to run 2 timed miles as fast as I could. Although I am far from where I was in high school, I was still able to impress myself. I started at a 7:29 mile pace and doubled back to running 7 minutes flat. Although I haven't been running in several weeks, I always feel as if I have this innate ability to set a goal and reach it. In this case my goal was to start my first mile more paced than my second. As prevalent by my times, I more than met my goal. I believe this ability has come to me through my many years of cross country and track without an off-season. That means 7 days a week  for 4 years with the exception of Sundays because my excuse was always "I have to go to church." In reality, I spent my Sunday mornings looking at the back of my eyelids, and it was GLORIOUS. It is rewarding to know that even though I no longer compete competitively I can still challenge myself and meet my goals. Hopefully by my next post I will have ran 2 timed miles in a 7:20 doubling back in a 6:50 pace. This goal is highly realistic and I look forward to eventually shattering it while also maintaining my passion for running.

No comments:

Post a Comment